The Catholic Community Foundation of Mid-Michigan drew the winners of its BIG Raffle during an event at the diocesan Center for Ministry on Friday, April 21. Nearly 24,000 BIG Raffle tickets were sold in communities across the diocese. The Foundation estimates that nearly $70,000 will be immediately distributed to participating Catholic schools and parishes. Additional proceeds will go to the St. John Neumann Catholic Education Endowment.
“The Foundation is committed to coordinating the annual BIG Raffle event to help parishes and schools raise funds for programs that benefit many different kinds of ministries,” reflects Executive Director Dan McKune. “The BIG Raffle is one of many programs administered by the Foundation that support people serving people. It is a good example of how we can respond to our mission to reflect God’s abundant love, enabling people to serve others as we are called to do by Jesus Christ.”
This year, 52 parishes and schools will receive funding. Since 2011, parishes and schools of the Catholic Diocese of Saginaw have raised more than $450,000 through the Big Raffle.
The Foundation administers the St. John Neumann Catholic Education Endowment, which provides grant dollars to programs and initiatives in communities served by the Catholic Diocese of Saginaw. Since the Fund was created in 2012, the Foundation has distributed $128,000 for 62 grants benefiting communities in a variety of ways including vacation bible school and food pantry gardens.
In addition to the many programs supported, the BIG Raffle offers an annual opportunity to win major prizes. The following is a list of the Big Raffle’s top prizes along with the 2017 winners:
- Chevrolet Spark or $10,000 cash sponsored by McDonald Chevrolet: Vicky Winslow, Au Gres
- $5,000 Home Improvement sponsored by Catholic Federal Credit Union and R.C. Hendrick & Sons: Anne & Ralph Groves, Weidman
- Airfare for two to anywhere in the continental U.S. sponsored by Morley Companies, Inc.: Deena Bennett, Kingston
- Apple I-Pad sponsored by Looby Baumgarten PC: Kelly DeWitt, Grand Blanc
- Laptop Computer sponsored by Yeo and Yeo CPAs & Business Consultants: Shaun Wolschleger, Saginaw
Top seller incentive winners:
- Aubree Bishop (St. Michael School, Pinconning)
- Alissa Chan (Nouvel Catholic Central Elementary, Saginaw)
- Karen Cody (St. Christopher Parish, Caro)
- Karen Godmer (St. Frances X. Cabrini Parish, Vassar)
- Jennifer Gross (Mary of the Immaculate Conception, St. Charles)
- Alan KLCO (Blessed Trinity Parish, Frankenmuth)
- Mary Anna Longuski, ( Holy family Parish, Sandusky)
- Janice Vogel ( Holy Apostles Parish, Ruth)
- Marcia Wolohan (Nouvel Catholic Central High School, Saginaw)
- Vincent Zolinski (Holy family Parish, Saginaw)