The Catholic Community Foundation of Mid-Michigan drew the winners of its BIG Raffle during an event at the diocesan Center for Ministry on Thursday, March 15. More than 23,000 BIG Raffle tickets were sold by 45 parishes and schools in communities across the diocese. The Foundation estimates that $60,000 will be immediately distributed to participating Catholic schools and parishes, with event proceeds going to the St. John Neumann Catholic Education Endowment.
Since 2011, parishes and schools of the Catholic Diocese of Saginaw have raised more than $500,000 through the Big Raffle.
The Foundation administers the St. John Neumann Catholic Education Endowment, which has been provided more than $135,000 in grants to programs and initiatives in communities served by the Catholic Diocese of Saginaw since the fund was created in 2012. Grants benefit communities in a variety of ways including vacation bible school and food pantry gardens.
“The Foundation coordinates the annual BIG Raffle event to help parishes and schools raise funds for programs that benefit many different kinds of ministries,” reflects Foundation President Jerry Blaxton. The BIG Raffle is one way the Foundation helps people help people.
In addition to the many programs supported, the BIG Raffle offers an annual opportunity to win major prizes. The following is a list of the Big Raffle’s top prizes along with the 2018 winners:
- Chevrolet Spark or $10,000 cash sponsored by McDonald Chevrolet:
Marcie Sturtz, Saginaw, Michgan
- $5,000 Home Improvement sponsored by Catholic Federal Credit Union and R.C. Hendrick & Sons:
Renee Suderman, Auburn, Michgan
- Airfare for two to anywhere in the continental U.S. sponsored by Morley Companies, Inc.:
Linda Thurlow, Gladwin, Michgan
- Apple I-Pad sponsored by Looby Baumgarten PC:
Helen Arvizu, Saint Charles, Michgan
- Laptop Computer sponsored by Yeo and Yeo CPAs & Business Consultants:
Mitchell Wagoner, Beaverton, Michgan
Top seller incentive winners:
- Eileen Allison (Our Lady of Czestochwa, Bay City)
- Luci Briggs (St. Frances X Cabrini, Vassar)
- Christina Eisengruber (Holy Spririt Parish, Saginaw)
- Carla McDaid (St. Mary School, Alma)
- Marie Perez (Cathedral of Mary of the Assumption Parish)
- Jody Rider (St. Brigid Parish, Midland)
- Jane Roth (St. Agnes Parish, Freeland)
- Andrea Shelogowski (Auburn Area Catholic Schools)
- William and Julie Wardin (Nouvel Catholic High School, Saginaw)
- Betty White (St. Agnes Parish, Freeland)
Annually, the Catholic Community Foundation of Mid-Michigan (CCFMM), a nonprofit organization, distributes over one million dollars in support of ministries that are provided through the Catholic Diocese of Saginaw, its parishes, schools, agencies and partner organizations. The Foundation honors faithful giving by responsibly managing and distributing donor gifts in a manner reflective of the teachings of Jesus Christ.Share